How do I contact the school?

The school office is open Monday to Friday from 8:15am until 4:30pm.  You can contact the school by telephoning 0121 559 2068 or our email address is [email protected].  This is checked on a daily basis and someone will contact you about your enquiry.

How do I get a place for my child?

If you have applied for a reception place for your child to start school in September, Sandwell Council will let you know by email if a place has been offered.  Please make sure you check your junk or spam folder in case the email has gone in there.  You will then need to go back online to accept your allocated place.  All appeals and late applications must go through Sandwell Council.

Mid-year applications are when you apply to transfer your child from one primary school to another primary school.  If you wish to apply for a Sandwell school during the course of the school year, you will need to download the relevant form on the Council website and follow the instructions. http://www.sandwell.gov.uk/schooladmissions

You will receive a confirmation letter if you have been allocated a place with us.  You then need to call the school office who will be happy to arrange for you and your child to come into school and meet with the Headteacher who will discuss a start date with you and pass on relevant information.

What are the dropping off arrangements for children?

The school gate opens at 8:40am. Our KS1 (Rec - Year 2) should walk around to the KS1 playground and line up to go into their classrooms.  Our KS2 (Year 3-6) should wait in the KS2 playground.  Please note that no child should be left unsupervised on the playground before school.

Children who are walking to school by themselves must not arrive before 8:40am as there will be nobody to supervise them and parents remain responsible for their child until they enter the school site. 

What happens if my child is late for school? 

The school register will close after 9.00am. If your child arrives after this time, they will have to enter via our school office and will receive a late mark.  This is to ensure they are entered onto the school register and will also be marked down for a school meal.

Can my child walk to and from school by independently?

If parents choose to let their child travel to/from school independently, then they should assess the risks associated with the school route and their own child’s confidence. Parents should work with their children to build up their independence, while walking to and from school together, through route finding, road safety skills and general awareness. We will only ever agree to allow children from Year 6 to walk home independently but this must be with prior written permission from parents and agreed by school.  Forms are available from the school office.

What do I do if I have any issues I need to discuss with the school?

In the first instance you will need to arrange a meeting with your child’s class teacher.  These usually take place once the school day has finished.  If you feel that your query has not been dealt with, contact the school office who will pass your query onto the allocated Phase Leader.  If you feel that this needs to be escalated further, the school office will arrange a meeting with you and the Deputy Head or Head Teacher.

How do I pay for school items?

We are a cash free school.  We use a communication tool called school spider and all items must be paid for via this.  When your child joins our school, we will set you up with a school spider account.  All you need to do is download the app and log in.  We will advise you in advance if certain items require a cash payment.

How do I know if my child receives free school meals?

All children in KS1 (Reception to Year 2) receive Universal School Meals free of charge.  Children in KS2 (Year 3 to Year 6) have to pay a daily fee of £2.50.  This must be paid for via School Grid (Dolce).  If you feel that your child is entitled to free school meals, you need to complete a form which is available from the school office.  This will be sent off to Sandwell Council and they will inform you if your child is entitled.

What if my child wants to change meal patterns?

It is extremely important that update the School Grid app if your child changes their meal pattern from school meal to packed lunches and vice versa.  The school kitchen is informed by 9:30am every day of the number of hot meals they need to cook. 

How does the school communicate with me?

We use school spider as our communication tool.  Important information will be sent out to you and also a weekly newsletter with work children have been doing that week and also dates for your diary. Please check our blackboards too which are updated weekly.